Containment field bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Konstantine, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Notice the description of the field, it says nothing about trapped ships being unable to attack
    Contain 2.jpg

However, as I arrived at Suborix, intending to attack the Cerrix colony there, they sprung a field and my ships were not given a choice to attack. In fact, if you look at the second shot, you see there is no option to engage

Contai.jpg

A save,(which is attached), exit to desktop, and reload, did not solve the issue

Attached Files:

2. Konstantine

Correction, the containment field was already in place before I arrived, though I do not think this played a role in anything.

3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

The containment field should not have an implication in having an attack opportunity or not. I loaded your save and in the next turn I was given an attack opportunity, and the containment field was still in place, which proves it's not denying an attack.

If you can send me a save in the turn just before this one I could check why were you not given an attack opportunity when arriving at the Suborix system. However, I moved the fleet to a nearby system and then returned to Suborix and I was given an attack opportunity again.

4. Konstantine

I believe you were able to attack on the following turn because the field expired. I too was able to attack but noticed the field was no longer in place. If you look at the original shot, turn 367, you see there was a single turn left on the field (I too did not notice at first). Unfortunately I only manually saved the turn and do not have the previous one.

5. Konstantine

Oh by the way @Adam Solo perhaps this is something to consider.
    In a previous session I was attacked by two different factions, at the same system, in the same turn. As soon as they arrived I engaged and defeated the more dangerous one of the two. There was no battle with the second faction which proceeded to take an asteroid outpost in that system un-contested. While I wasn't very happy with that turn of events, I appreciated the realism and presumed this was on purpose. (My ships were busy fighting off one attacker so the other basically was able to strike unmolested).
    Perhaps then what happened is this.
    The containment field wasn't there for me, it was there for the Draguul. Maybe a battle occurred between the two on that turn (367) and that is why I could not engage?

6. Adam Solo

After I load the 367 turn save I see the containment field there. When I hit end turn I get a prompt for an attack opportunity and can see the field there in the system view.

Too bad then, maybe on a next opportunity.

Yeah, it's how it works right now, one attack opportunity. Nice to see you had to choose on that time.

7. Konstantine

Yes that confused me too, you can see it in the system view. Now fight the battle and you will notice it's gone by the time the turn processes.
    This is good, I hope to see more of it in the future, it can't be countered.

8. Adam Solo

Yes, it will be gone after the battle because its effect runs out in the next turn.

9. Konstantine

Adam
    Turn 367 shows 1 on the field, your ship is there. You hit next turn meaning you go to 368, and the field should be gone. The battle is fought on 368, not 367, why is the field still showing in the system view? I don't get this, it doesn't seem right at all. If the battle is at 368, which it is, there should be no field left, which clearly is the case on the galactic map.

10. Konstantine

Never mind, it seems that the way you have the game set up, the battle occurs in 367, before the turn goes to 368