Crash after all dead and a vote came up

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by vmxa, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vmxa

vmxa Commander

Not sure which save is best for you. I will put in the last auto. It is t177. I have a save I made at t176.

I had killed the last race and all systems were known. One outpost was still alive, it was a Human owned one. I submit that is a bug as well as I think all ownership should have been removed, after they were destroyed as a race.
    Not a big deal though.

I dispatched a BB to take it down, yes the game was actually over, but I wanted that last vestige gone.

When it was taken down I got a vote showing the rocks as a nominee. I selected skip and got the windows cursor google eye. Then the windows crash popup.

Going to attach the log and the save.
    I renamed the save to txt to get it to upload.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, when the game ends by full conquest, and you wish to keep playing, the game will crash when the galactic council shows up again, which shouldn't at that point. We'll have a look at that.

As for the last remnant of the defeated player still existing, that last outpost, well, I guess it can go both ways. We could remove ownership or not. If the players wish to play "just one more turn" at that point, I guess they may want to do full clean or not for whatever reason they desire.

3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Ok, this issue is now fixed in the dev build. You have a save attached in the next turn (turn after you got the crash), in case you want to proceed with the game.

Thanks for reporting this! By the way, when uploading saves, you can zip/compress them and then the system will let you upload the save without having to rename it to TXT or something else (ZIPs are allowed).

Oh, and thanks for uploading the output_log.txt, that helps a lot!

Attached Files:

4. vmxa

vmxa Commander

Cool, I was done as it turns out. On to the next episode.

Edit:
    It is fine by me to leave the remnants or remove them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.