Custom Race screen missing text?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by SilasOfBorg, Apr 11, 2021.

1. SilasOfBorg

SilasOfBorg Ensign

GOG version 1.2.4.

So I've never played with a custom race before, and decided to try one today for yucks.

I'm a little confused by all the blank space in the Custom Race screen. There seems to be hover help for various entries but the text is invisible... screenshot attached.

Awesome game, can't wait to see where you guys go with this next.. I sat down to play a "little bit" last night and looked up and it was 2am. Not a lot of games can grab me like that these days. :)

Edit: found a snippet in the player.log which looks suspicious:

Plugins: Failed to load 'libdl' because one or more of its dependencies could not be loaded.
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Misc/Plugins.cpp Line: 292)

Fallback handler could not load library C:/GOG/Games/Interstellar Space Genesis/ISG_Data/Mono/libdl.dylib
    Fallback handler could not load library C:/GOG/Games/Interstellar Space Genesis/ISG_Data/Mono/libdl.dylib.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library C:/GOG/Games/Interstellar Space Genesis/ISG_Data/Mono/libdl.dylib
    Plugins: Failed to load 'libdl' because one or more of its dependencies could not be loaded.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

That's an odd one. Perhaps it's something about the resolution you're playing, or about the pixel size/density that causes the text to go outside the allowed bounderies only slightly but enough to cause the text to not show. I was not aware of this issue, but maybe no one reported this before and you were the first to notice/report it.

This is what's supposed to show:

upload_2021-4-11_18-26-51.png

What resolution are you playing? Are you playing with the native resolution of your monitor and/or set by windows? Perhaps changing the resolution will solve this issue for you? However, if it does resolve it I understand it would not be an ideal workaround to not play with a non-native version, if that's the case.

The log entry you report is harmless and not connected to the issue. Thanks for reporting it in any case.

I've applied a fix to allow that text to overflow, i.e. to not be cut if it goes only slightly outside the bounderies. This fix will be available in the next update. Unfortunately, the update is planned to only go up in a couple of months or so and now it would be a bit tricky to try and push an update for the 1.2.4 version.

Let me know if you could find a workaround for this, and if you plan to play around with custom races in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. SilasOfBorg

SilasOfBorg Ensign

I am playing Windowed at 1680x1050 on a 1900x1200 monitor. Graphics quality is set to Medium and vsync is 1:2.

Some of that is from back when the new colony screens were causing my poor 1660 GTX to scream.

So anyway, I tried to reproduce this using other resolutions:

1280 x 720 - works
    1280 x 768 - works
    1280 x 800 - works
    1280 x 960 - works
    1280 x 1024 - works
    1360 x 768 - works
    1366 x 768 - works
    1440 x 900 - works
    1600 x 900 - works
    1600 x 1024 - works
    1600 x 1200 - works
    1680 x 1050 - problem observed as noted in original post
    1920 x 1080 - works
    1920 x 1200 - works

It seems I have found the ONLY resolution available to me at which this problem manifests. Do I get a prize? :D

Until 1.2.x drops I can live with 1600x1024 instead of 1680x1050.

Thanks for the quick response Adam!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1