Defence Mechanics Mod 1.6.2

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ISG Fan 12345, Apr 14, 2024.

Tags:
  1. ISG Fan 12345

ISG Fan 12345 Cadet

I proudly publish game mechanics mod for ISG 1.6.2. made in CIL dnSpy.

CHANGELOG

Hit Chance Formula was changed to Linear:

float num16 = Attack - (Defence - 25f);
    num16 = Mathf.Clamp(num16, 10f, 300f); // set minimum and maximum

And minimum hit chance was changed to 10% from 5%.
    Beacause now defence is significantly more viable stat and stacking defence may be overpowered.
    For comparison. Now at equal attack vs defence hit chance is equal to 25% compared to old 50%.

Old formula:
    From Exponentional - more on wiki:

The chance to hit = 100% / (1 + 2 ^ ( (Ship Defense - Ship Attack) / 16 ) ).
    As shown in the graph below, fairly small differences have a large effect with diminishing returns especially once attack and defense differ by more than 50.
    num16 = Mathf.Clamp(num16, 5f, 300f); // set minimum and maximum

Reason:
    Defence was a weaker stat balance - wise. This is especially noticeable later in game when attack bonuses start to stack while defence does not.

Shields
    Shields are now scaled. Frontal shields are the strongest while back shields are the weakest.
    Frontal shields have 120% multuplier.
    Side and back shields have <100% multiplier.

Installation
    replace ISG_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bo6vc366oakwcb2/Assembly-CSharp.dll/file

WARNING. This is an assembly CIL replacement. Use only for version 1.6.2 and use at your own risk.
    Note that this is more of a proposal than mod since I have no idea if gamedevs accept CIL modding. They have right to not. But I humbly ask to not remove this because this mod provides nice alternative for players who want to stack defence in their playthroughts.

I would also suggest to nerf palaceans evolutions simply because having free space monsters is gamebreakingly overpowered.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024