Do we have a sub space comm tech

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vmxa, Nov 26, 2020.

1. vmxa

vmxa Commander

I may have missed it, but I did not see any tech that provides the ability to give ships orders, once they have left port. A relatively early tech in Moo2 is Sub Space Communications. It gives command points and the means to redirect a fleet.

I think it should be in the game and not a real late game tech IMO. Was it felt that it would be OP and the AI would not really use it? I know they did in Moo2, but it would be more coding. Maybe the next dlc.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

The ability to give orders to fleets in deep space is available when you unlock the 'Transcommunication' tech and have access to 2 sources of Dark Matter. It is a relatively late tech and needs strategic resources. However, it may come earlier if you go with random techs.

There are many ways to boost the 'Construction' research field if you wish to beeline to 'Transcommunication' and get it relatively early. For instance, some forms of government provide a bonus to 'Construction' research. Finding the 'Construction Data Core' ancient artifact in ruins would also boost 'Construction' research by a lot. Or, you can decide and specialize in 'Civil Developers' infrastructure in your colonies (the one that allows you to construct buildings faster) which also boosts 'Construction' research. The leader's 'Astroengineering' skill also boosts 'Construction' research significantly. So, as you see, there are ways to go for it, if you wish.

3. vmxa

vmxa Commander

Thanks, well I was in a huge map and conquered all, with only a few stars not reached and had no dark matter. Seems like a steep requirement, late tech and dark matter. A large part of the map was surveyed, but not all.

4. vmxa

vmxa Commander

I must really really be losing it as I still do not see it. I played two races and cannot see it anywhere and I looked closely at Construction. Not a big deal, being a late game and needing Dark Matter. Won't come into play much anyhow.

5. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the 'Transcommunication' tech is unlocked and added to the tech tree when you discover a source of dark matter. You can then choose between having the 'Beyond Light' techs, which includes the 'Transcommunication' tech, or the 'Into Shadows' pack of techs. Dark matter can be discovered when you reveal Boson stars, which require full scan in a sector to be discovered. Hint: Look for supernova remnant nebula in the map, as that's a likely place to find one of those special stars.

6. vmxa

vmxa Commander

I figured there was some trick to it, otherwise I was blind. Listened to you on the interview with eXplorminate. Good hear a voice to go with the name.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1