Examining ruins still not working correctly (response to Steam forum)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by _Jack_, Jun 15, 2021.

1. _Jack_

_Jack_ Cadet

I was on the Unstable track, but now have the stable version of 1.3.0. I went to search a ruin, skipped to the final paragraph, but it didn't generate the paragraph detailing what was found. I exited from the Search text (right-click), then saw the ruin was still unsearched, so I searched it again. It successfully completed the Search text and awarded money; I then went to move the fleet and learned that the ruins also rewarded me with a bonus ship.

So, it appeared the first, incomplete ruin search did generate a bonus ship, although there was no text to this affect (and the "Done" button did not work, so it didn't act like the text had been generated). The game wasn't aware that the search had awarded anything, so it allowed another search and a second award was given.

I have attached the log files that you've requested in the Steam forums. I also included the Autosaves and the one called "Krax..." is the save after I completed the search of the ruins. You'll see the search was done on the "Vulenides" system, the only one with ruins.

To answer your other questions on the Steam forum: This is a new game created with the Stable 1.3.0. The ship I received was "The Condor." And there was no notification in the ruins search about awarding The Condor; that was the first search attempt and the first paragraph appeared, but I believe second and third paragraphs did not appear. I'm certain there was no third paragraph (the award declaration).

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

That's it, the rebels are there! Yep, logs don't lie. I resolved the issue and a fix will be available in the next update.

So, when did this issue occured?

It was a special case where you'd have to obtain a ship from the ruins search and you had to have a leader in the fleet without the Explorer skill. In that case, the ruins process would stop due to an error. You'd get the ship but the process was not running completely, leading to the ruins still being searchable again and with no notifications being produced.

In this very tricky case, the key was having the log, and the detailed and precise explanation you gave about the behavior you witnessed. This is resolved now, thanks a lot for your time.