Explorminate is no more

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vivisector 9999, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Vivisector 9999

Vivisector 9999 Moderator Ensign

https://explorminate.co/the-end-of-our-journey/

Even though I gave my allegiance to Space Sector, and the two sites were rivals (of sorts) for a time, I did feel Explorminate did a good job of carrying the "space 4X mega fansite" torch after Mr. Solo switched focus to the ISG project. While I totally understand why Rob would end the site now, I'm saddened that there isn't yet a third site to pick up that torch. I wish him all the best in the future.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

It is sad news indeed, but I also completely understand the decision. I will miss their content and contributions greatly.

I am glad to hear that the community of devoted and passionate 4X gamers they brought together with thankfully continue onward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, it's a sad day to see eXplorminate stopping the news and reviews site. However, I totally understand Rob's decision. It's a passion job in the end and one that requires a lot of time and investment to keep it going. It's also very hard to maintain the news and reviews going at a good rate and with a good level of quality.

Explorminate was my go to site for all things 4X since the SpaceSector days. I enjoyed their podcasts a lot. At least it looks like the community will continue the discussions on the Steam group forums.

As for other sites to follow, Brian on SpaceGameJunkie.com keeps going strong on all things space games related, which includes space 4X games, big and small. SpaceSimCentral.com is also still around covering mostly space and sci-fi games, and while SSC is mostly about space sims, it also features space 4X games.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 2
  4. Blake00

Blake00 Cadet

Damn.. very sorry to hear about that. Rob's site was awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Imperious Leader

Imperious Leader Cadet

He's back. On the announcement linked, it's says "Disregard this post. We're back, baby!" Good thing too, I discovered this game on his YouTube channel, with him playing v1.3.