Free 1.2 Major Update - Preview

Discussion in 'Development News' started by Adam Solo, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

upload_2020-9-9_19-8-0.png

Hello everyone!

We've been working hard to bring you a new free update very soon. This will be version 1.2 and will bring the following:

1.2 Preview
    • New Tactical Auto-Combat feature allows AI to take control of the player's ships. Control can be given and taken back at any time.
    • Faster tactical combat animation options.
    • Improved auto-resolve calculations to better account for ship designs and situations.
    • Random tech trees now allow hiding future technologies until you've unlocked access to them.
    • Tech trees are now easier to manipulate with available reset and reorder options.
    • Notification improvements allow grouping the most frequent and less critical notifications.
    • Graphical improvements to the galaxy map.
    • Numerous quality of life improvements to things such as save/load with double-click, ship rotation enhancements, and unique ability usage verification.
    • Balance changes, bug fixes, and more!
    This free update! is almost finished and should be out in the next few weeks.

What's Next After 1.2?

We've been working hard on the new free update, and as we have announced in a previous post the team has also been working hard on the 1st expansion pack for the game! So, expect a major announcement about the expansion very soon.

We truly appreciate our fans. Thank you for buying the game, for playing, and for continuing to provide us with your feedback!

If you have played the game please consider leaving a review on Steam!

The Dev Team
    Praxis Games

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 6
  2. Martok

Martok Cadet

Dang, that sounds sweet. The 1.2 update has got me stoked!

I imagine it's not a comment you get often (or ever), but reading about the auto tactical combat and the improved auto-resolve damn near gave me wood. :cool: I love that sort of thing in strategy games!

Also looking forward to the improved random tech trees, plus the graphic improvements to the galaxy map! (Can you talk at all about what visual enhancements you've done?)

Dude, I love you!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 2
  3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hey Martok, I'm glad to hear you liked the 1.2 update preview a lot!

Yes, the combat enhancements (auto-combat, auto-resolve improvements) are quite important, and that's why we prioritized them for this next update. Also, the "hide future tech" feature and all the QoL improvements are also nice. Even what seem little things like the "save/load with double-click" are also quite nice to have. As you know, the community has been providing feedback and we've be listening. All items in the big list are constantly re-prioritized and we implement them as we perceive it's the best time to address them. That's the process we've been following for the free updates and it has been working well.

Regarding the graphical improvements to the galaxy map, these comprise a few subtle but still noticeable changes, which when all are put together should address a few of the most common complaints with the galaxy map, or so we hope. This includes slightly rounder shape star fields, the background nebulae parallax effect has also been brought closer to the star field, to improve immersion, and the game nebulae graphics (the nebula that slow down or block ships) are now a bit dimmer, to make them blend better with the background. This was a first step. We'll see if further steps will be required for future updates.

Thanks for stopping by and provide your feedback. I appreciate it.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Martok

Martok Cadet

Sounds good, Adam. Thanks for the response(s)!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  5. KarasLegacy

KarasLegacy Ensign

Eager to give this a go!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1