Frigate class vessel - refit suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kharn, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

[Game version 1.0.8]

Hello,
    building a star bases early in the game can be costly.

I suggest for consideration in further implementation that would be allowed to refit of frigate class vessels without having a star base.

Or even adding a new building, e.g. star docks (without any defence functions), which would be much cheaper, e.g. 1/4 cost of regular star base. Of course, at a later stage of the game, the 'star docks' should be replaced by a star base.

The 'star docks' should be built at home planet at the beginning of the game. After all, a colony ship and two frigates were somehow built.

The 'star docks' should allow for build and refit frigates and destroyers class vessels only.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi Kharn, thanks for your suggestion.

I understand refitting ships in the very beginning can be a difficult task, which requires a serious investment in building an orbital station. However, you may consider building a Space Elevator first (which is a much cheaper building to construct) which would boost the construction of your star base, along with the nice boost to ship refit speed and more ship construction speed in that colony, in general. Hope this helps.

That said, your suggestion for a low-level orbital station "star dock" or "space dock" with minimal or no weapons is a nice idea which I think would be worth exploring at some point. So, we'll take your suggestion into consideration.

So, thanks again for your feedback on this.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

Hi Adam, thanks for the quick reply.
    I will try to use the elevator as you suggest. To be honest, I haven't tried it yet.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1