Game Seized

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Konstantine, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Take a look at the shot below. On turn 166 I hit end turn and it froze on processing but I could access the main menu. I then loaded turn 167 from the autosave (without exiting to desktop) and got what you see below. I could do nothing at this point except access the menu. I exited to desktop and then started the game again. At that point turn 167 loaded normally as if nothing had happened and I was able to proceed.
    bug3.jpg

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

I could not reproduce the issue. I loaded the 166 save and did a couple of turns but got no freeze. I repeated this process several times with no success.

If you load the turn 166 save, do you get the freeze again on next turn, or do you confirm that you cannot reproduce the issue in your side as well?

Next time you get a freeze of this kind, please send us the log (output_log.txt) that you can find next to your saves. Get the log before doing anything else.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    • ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. Konstantine

I got it again in another session. On turn 193 I select shipbuilding infra for mars and hit end turn. This time the turn would not process at all. I exited and re-loaded multiple times. Most times the scenario I described happened again, the other time I saw this below, which I shouldn't see as I don't have that kind of scanning range.
    The save is attached
    P.S. I don't think it has anything to do with it but may as well add this. In both games the settings were huge, six players, with the humans disabled and my Terrans taking their place. I chose Grand Emperor for myself and all AIs at the second hardest difficulty (all bonuses, no econ cap, or mine to start) in both cases no special racial attributes for me.

Again.jpg

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Adam Solo

I could reproduce this last one. Analysing...

Ok, I know why this happened. It's a bug related with capturing ships from others mixed with the desire to refit that ship later. This could be the same bug manifesting at different times in your playthrough. Working on a fix...

5. Adam Solo

Ok, the issue on turn 193 is now fixed. I don't know if it's the same issue as in turn 166 but since this is in the same game session I believe there's a good chance it is.

Find attached a fixed save on turn 194.

If you get another of these turn processing freezes please always have a look at the output_log.txt as sometimes it's not so easy to reproduce the issue.

Thanks!

\Edit: The fixed save only works in the current DEV build, I'll supply one that works on Alpha 2 asap.

\Edit2: Ok, the save now works on your version.

Attached Files:

6. Konstantine

Thanks Adam, I need this as it will be here that I intend to extensively test combat, I'm almost ready.
    Oh, by the way. You know the thing I've been reporting about enemy ships not closing when they should? Well space entities (monsters) do not have that problem, just thought I should mention it.

7. Konstantine

I'm afraid the fix only lasted a single turn and then the issue returned.
    Here is the autosave from turn 195 and the output log

Attached Files:

8. Adam Solo

I figure that the problem will happen again in the build you have, even with the fixed save. I guess you may have the same issue a few turns down the road. I can keep fixing you the saves for the time being. In any case we should be pushing a patch soon.

9. Adam Solo

I saw your post above mine just now. I'm afraid this would keep happening. We can do one of two things. Either I deep fix the save for you or you could research the Bomb Rack special, as that would clear up the issue. Let me know.

\Edit: Sorry, but the last option will not work. I'll deep fix the save for you, just give me a minute.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Adam Solo

Here's a "deep fixed" save for you. I played till turn 202 with no more bug occurrences, so you should not see this issue in that playthrough now.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Konstantine

I've got another seizure, but I suspect it may be a different cause.
    When I invaded Ichac I received the Dark matter resource decision... except that my survey ship was deployed elsewhere and looking at the system clearly showed a question mark around the resource.
    I've attached the the turn that seized and the prior turn, also the output log.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Adam Solo

Thanks for the report. Looking at the output_log.txt, it seems to be the same issue that we already fixed, with a very high amount of certainty.

By the way, the new release should be available between today and tomorrow.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Konstantine

Ok, I couldn't be sure because of the strategic resource, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Will wait for the new release then as it's close and continue from there

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.