Game wont start even after re-installing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Avon_Ulysses, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Avon_Ulysses

Avon_Ulysses Cadet

Hi all,
    I have been playing this game since release. But am now unable to get it to start correctly.

Now, when I start the game up, it skips past the start-up movie & main menu & goes straight to an in-game screen.
    But a strange, non-functional screen showing a game at turn 686, with no star systems viable & only the only working button is settings. This I can use to go to the menu , then main menu.
    From here I can fail to start a new game or load a save.
    I have tried verifying the game on steam & have uninstalled & re-installed several times, to no avail.

The problem started after I created & played with a custom race.
    Attempt one looked good, but I noticed on turn 1 that my race's homeworld was not poor, as I had specified.
    The game crashed after clicking the turn button.
    Red letters said it was a 'major error' & asked me to send the log to Praxis etc.
    I ignored that & thinking the non poor race affect had stuffed up something, created another custom race. This time the game worked for 30 odd turns & crashed like before.

After this I could not get the game to start properly.

My system runs Windows 7 (64bit)
    I have a old Intel I7 2600K
    8Gb of RAM

Graphics Card is a Nvidia GTX 580. (with the latest drivers)

I can not locate the save game & other file that is suggested in the bug reporting notes.

Regards

AU

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi Avon_Ulysses, welcome to the forums.

That issue may be related with custom races that are no longer compatible with the latest version 1.0.4. Could you please delete all your custom races? You can find them here: C:\Users\<your_username_here>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\Races Please delete all the files inside that folder. You can then create new custom races inside the game as usual.

After you delete those files then launch the game. Everything should be normal now, however let me know if that's not the case.

3. Avon_Ulysses

Avon_Ulysses Cadet

Adam,
    Thanks for the advice, it now works perfectly
    The thing I needed to do, to see the saves etc, was turn on hidden folders

Regards

Au....

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 2