Garmac Clone: The Ghost in the Machine

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Ironsides, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

Garmac Clone...
    It seems that one of the factions has a clone of Garmac, I know this because its directly feeding off my Garmacs bonuses...

Originally Garmac was with the Moltar at Plioppos on turn 220, bettween that turn and turn 230 the "Gorn" (my Faction) captured him, although I dont have an exact save for that turn (likely before 225), around turn 233 a clone joined the Palaceans, Asichi was captured on turn 252 the same Turn as the Palaceans Garmacs clone became governor of that system...

Palaceans Clone Turn 262:

Palacean Garmac.jpg

"Gorn" Garmac Turn 262:

Gorn Garmac.jpg

Its my belief that this split personality may have occured on the capture of garmac from the Moltar at Plioppos Turn 225? as it may be that they also dropped any surviving colony leaders during the same turn...

Unfortunatly I can only supply saves for the turns 220,230, 236 if required...

A very curious situation...

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Hmm, I recall something similar years ago, with Ozkarr. He was found at ruins and turned up with his ship within one turn, but Adam fixed that. I wonder if this is just Garmec's minor race type being discovered more than once and resulting in two leaders of the same type?

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

It could be, but seems odd that they share the same planet bonuses as Plioppos was only ever colonised by the Moltar and never again, and my garmac never went to Asichi as governor...though opinion is different...

4. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

I've already mentioned Gorathun going AWOL before and now the same thing has happened again, this is becoming a habit... this event only effects Minor Civ leaders Garmac and Goriathun more then others but its occuring quite regularly though only once in each game...
    I do have the pre and current turn saves if its wanted...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024