Goriathun goes AWOL and rejoins the federation???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironsides, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

So its turn 271 and Goriathun has just succesfull assaulted a sulak colony aboard his flagship the "Hawkins", roll on turn 272 when he mysteriously turns up for hire?...
    For a moment I thought there was two of them, but no hes apparantly gone AWOL and come slinking back with his tail bettween his legs having left his fleet...
    A few turns ago I did survey a militaristic minor race but who knows how this happened, any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Strange. Is it possible he was the target of espionage? Theoretically he could have been convinced to leave your empire, not hired by the Empire responsible for the espionage, and returned to the hire pool instantly.

It's a very strange and rare confluence of events, but I recall something similar when I lost a leader, only for him to return a turn later asking for work.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

He had a Opinion of 26 at the time so that would take multiple attacks (also have the best anti spy surveillance) so I dont think thats the cause, even more bizarre though, after I posted here sent him back to his ship and found there was no delay... not the usual 5 turns in transit.
    Later when Pike returned from shore leave the same happened, when he was sent back to his ship no 5 turns delay...
    mind you I do have Jump gates? and he was going to a Fed system, not so with Goriathun.

Edit: later, I found leaders are now taking the normal 5 turns to reach their appointments... this was after the game was restarted so think it could be a glitch/series of events, that self corrected, I say this because I originally obtained Goriathun (low opinion) by leader influence!, not by surveying a militatristic minor civ and there were no spare leaders in the game at that stage.

Still all's well that ends well...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Konstantine

Keep in mind that after shore leave, if you assign the returning leader to the same ship he/she commanded prior to going on vacation, there is no time delay (5 turn wait).

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  5. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

Pike went on leave and again shortly into a war!, he's not reliable on staying the course the main reason I tended to avoid hiring him in the past that including his hissy fits when you refuse him leave...
    This time I sent him to his fleet not specifically to his last ship but it was in the fleet and there was still no delay...

6. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

So I replayed that part of the game, I had an earlier save, and it turns out there are two Goriathuns one is currently seeking employment with the Sulak this time, I know this because I put a spy in the Sulak something I didn't do last time, I think its likely that the clone approached the fed the first time round and caused the anomally...

Federation leader Pool turn 265:
    Goriathun Fed leader pool turn 265.jpg

Sulak leader pool:
    Goriathun Sulak leader pool.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Konstantine

He's too valuable to pass up, though I understand that availability is an issue with him.

I have some sessions where he asks for shore leave after every single battle, others where he fights several times in a row without getting homesick.

The thing is this guy has awesome stats, a big perk in weapons research, and brings a bunch of SSPs to the table. I hire him every chance I get. (Besides, it helps that he's one my creations ;)).

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  8. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign