Help screen - Off screen

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Finestra, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Finestra

Finestra Lieutenant

Se attached pic. running on my 4k monitor

Attached Files:

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

I'm not being able to reproduce this.

What resolution is your 4K monitor? What resolution are you using to play the game (Windows resolution)? And, what resolution have you set in the game's Game Settings?

upload_2019-12-21_18-36-40.png

Do you see the tutorial screen always off-screen or only when inside the system view?

The tutorial window is draggable. Could you have accidentally moved the Tutorial window to the right?

Are you playing on Steam or on the Humble/Itch.io build?

I've tried several resolutions including 4K and the Tutorial window appears fine in all of them.

Let me know.

Thanks.

3. Finestra

Finestra Lieutenant

4 K resolution, full screen.
    Yes.
    Yes I can drag it. No. I noticed when I am in system view, I have the issue.
    Steam.
    Se below

upload_2019-12-21_19-15-4.png

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2019
  4. Adam Solo

From the picture I see you are playing with a 3840x2160 resolution (4K). If I try that resolution on my side I don't have the issue.

It's also strange that in the first picture you sent we get this:

off_screen_1.jpg

And in the second pic we get this:

offscreen_2.jpg

Notice how the tutorial window in the system view is displayed on a slightly different position in the 2 pictures.

Just to confirm, you only see the tutorial window off-screen in the system view?

Have you had this issue in the past (before 1.0.7)?

Can you tell me, or show me, what resolution do you see in the Game Settings?

upload_2019-12-21_19-27-54.png

To try to understand the issue it would be important to know the resolution you have on Windows (right click mouse -> display settings -> Resolution). It would also be important to know the resolution set in the game, the one you have in the picture above.

Let me know.

Thanks.

5. Finestra

Finestra Lieutenant

upload_2019-12-21_21-1-4.png

Game and monitor have the same resolution.

6. Adam Solo

Ok, thanks for your inputs. Then, I'm not sure what may be causing this in your case. Can you show me a screenshot of the tutorial being show in another screen other than the system view, to see where it is positioned by default?

Since the tutorial window is draggable this is not a major issue, but still it should show correctly. It does in all of my tests, including with the 3840x2160 resolution, so it must be something specific in your system configuration. I just run out of ideas of what it may be.

7. Adam Solo

Here's one more idea. Could you please change your Game Settings resolution to something else and then set to 3840x2160 again and then check the system view again, and then get the output_log.txt you can find in C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\ and send it to me? Thanks.

8. Finestra

Finestra Lieutenant

The above posted is screenshots of the game. I can't give you anything else, it only seems to happen is system view. So I am not sure what I can give you besides the spec. of the computer.
    System built:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti - Geforce 441.12.
    Windows 10 Pro - build 18362.535.
    Intel I7-9700K.
    Memory 32 GB.
    MOBO ASUS HERO XI Maximus.

9. Finestra

Finestra Lieutenant

See attached

Attached Files:

10. Adam Solo

Thanks for the specs and the log. I do not see any issue in the log. As one more idea for you try, when you can, please try un-selecting Full Screen in the game settings and then selecting again, and then check the system view again. You can also try changing the VSync options and see if that helps.

If that doesn't solve it, and you only see the issue in the system view, then as I said above it's not a major issue. In any case I'll keep an eye on this to see if someone else has the issue or if it happens in other screens.

Thanks.

11. MalRey

MalRey Developer Lieutenant

Hi Finestra. Just to clarify, you don´t have more screen resolutions listed in the game settings ? Even if you change into a non-native resolution it was good to check if the same happens with other resolutions. If available try the 1920x1080.

Thanks!