How to get through the early game as a new player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Konstantine, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

In a sense yes. The key is to understand where it starts to hurt. An extreme example would be finding an ideal huge world with caves and having the subterranean trait. The max pop penalty in that situation would be severe enough to warrant serious attempts from you to negate it. Adding Vaults in that situation is probably not a good idea.
    Normally a few percentage points don't mean much as you can offset those easily. Find your threshold of what kind of penalty you are willing to incur before it becomes an issue that is counter-productive to deal with.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  2. medway

medway Lieutenant

Cheers. Well in my current game I think I added Vaults to all the planets, and I believe one of them has caves too. So I guess I'll see firsthand the penalties and understand better.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. medway

medway Lieutenant

Do you intend on copying this over at Steam? There's already people requesting a guide beyond the tutorial.

4. Konstantine

Very well sir, I've already provided a link to this but copying it would be better I suppose.

5. medway

medway Lieutenant

Sorry didn't see the link. Maybe eventually getting into the Steam 'guide' section would help too. All up to you of course :)

6. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Good idea! I hadn't thought about the guides, but that is a really good place for @Konstantine to place this.

7. Konstantine

OK guys but I may have to start a fresh one there with some variations and new screenshots, I deleted all the ones here and besides I want to give some extra attention to min-maxing as an alternate way to get out of the early game healthy and happy.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1