how to make game more MoO 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximus, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Maximus

Maximus Cadet

1) Planet -
    Planet should produce a) food b) minerals c)energy d)pollution

Food it is rather obvious, without it all creature will die (exept one who can eat rocks +new perk)
    Minerals needed to built ships and buildings
    Energy to make buildings operation
    Pollution is not wanted add-on based on current technology
    Transport ships are usefull not only to move population but to deliver food minerals there when it is needed.
    (let get one example you just colonise new sand planet but this planet can not provide enough food for the population {you may build hydroponic system farm but the problem stay} so food is delivered from planets which have more food.
    So every planet should have infrastructure to storage food, minerals, and energy but when tech allow.
    Pollution can be reduced by new technology so old buildings will replaced by new with will not pollute the environment.
    ---> I realize that entering a variable like "power" can be troublesome and time consuming, but it is not necessary to bring the game closer to moo2.

The add-on to easy to add. I think what planets should have, it is rather obvious moon or moons (it's depend on planet size standard will have one bigger can have more or not) which give more space.
    IN more complex version with food and minerals moon can be terraformed to food farm, or science outpost or mineral mine.

1A) planet interface -
    I personaly like Moo and 2 way where we manipulate human figures to get more food, or more science or more industry or to reduce pollution.

2) Transport
    So freighterst ships will be very important because you can block a planet and doom its populations to death by starvation. So the pirates can block your planets from food supply, which they acquire by taking over freighters.

3)Ships
    How many class--> I would add heavy cruiser +35% storage of cruiser and heavy BB +33% storage of BB
    The ships beyond CR player will get only by technology and can be constructed by space shipyard
    This is a 2 ways we can improve game:
    A1) simpler : we rewrite concept of maximum distance of the ships can move.
    It is depended like in moO from fuel-cells ( you can constant fuel-cells are or non constant that will be different from the size of the universe --> so standard fuel-cell will get range + 3 for normal galaxy but it can get +5 in huge galaxy, this is an example). Fuel-cell should be distant from each other in the tech tree by 2 technologies. So first is I next will III or first is I next is II but next will be IV. So the obvious change is that the ship can be equipped with additional modul, fuel cells that will increase the ship's range by +2 to and next one +5 to range this additonal fuel cell will take much space in ship so you can not take much weapons or you can take no weapons.

{There is maximum distance of the scan planets, ships which is related to maximum distance of the ships}

A2)Computers: I miss so much regular computers (like in moo) technology which every ships must have to attack, defend. So regular computers tech will add bonus to attack and defens. This computers tech will start at level 1 and finish and 10. So it is obvious that another tech improve Att and def staff that are in game are like another modul to the ships (which can not replace regular computer but is rather like add-on).

B)We take all that is pointed in point A1 A2 and add another variable to the ship which is power. I new that will coused to redesign approach to shipbuilding. So if ship need more power because of new weapons we add more nuclear reactors but only if we have space to do it.
    Power is needed to engine computers weapons and other to operate. So if we have nuclear technology so we can add nuclear reactor which is a space ships nuclear plant used on planets. So if we have fussion tech we can add fussion reactor and so on... .

TECH.
    Overall, the tech tree is consistent with that in moo2. I think we can improve this because at the moment it bothers me that you can invent Shield Mark II without inventing Shields Mark I this tech should be somehow connected.
    This should be corrected not for shield only
    Not every race get the same technologies.
    For exaple shieds mark II will not avaible to race which have shields mark I so they may have shields mark III in tech tree. Shield I--> III-->V-->.... IX. Or shield II (in level on tech tree) -->IV-->VI-->VIII-->X.

Shield only
    This is my proposal for how shield can be change. I think when you get shields mark II and you discover tech from defense level III (there is no shield mark III} you get bonus to shield mark II like "harder shield +2 to block damage" "advanced defense + 15% to max capacities" "faster reloading 15% to reloading per turn" and some shields could have additional bonus from like " +15% to reduces damage of ion cannon" or "+20% to block damage of shield piercing weapons (weapon must heave shield piercing option on to get this shield bonus)" or
    "deflected shield 20% of enemy damage is deflected to the attacker" and more, maybe that should be a perk which allow you get aditional shield bonuses or this perk should has levels (to get more bonuses for shields this is only perk proposal). This should work like bonuses for weapons we can enable bonus or not because of shield cost or space it take.
    They should be modules that will improve strength of shields or should be added.

defense tech.
    There should be a link among tech. When we have personal or power armor for soldiers +10% to defence
    it was discovered on II level so when we better amor for ships why we can not have better personal armor + 13% next +15% (better can be change to name of armor -->neutrinum personal armor or tungusten personal armor... .the same think is related to shields the personal shield should heve more levels depend on how many shield tech are in the tech tree.

Space monster
    Does the space monsters have levels depending on the game difficulty, if not they should. They maybe should have rare techology for normal monster and ancient tech for big old one, which player will get by killing them or same bonuses to morale or another...

Minor races should change the flow of the game. They should have been treated as normal races, diplomatic will be in a separate window. This races should have the own tech tree, ships but will not expand so rapidly like normal players but they start with better tech then players to avoid conquering them too quickly. Tech exchange should be optional in main options of the galaxy. This races may join player imperium but can not be assimilated --> they will be always controled by AI, but they will help player in space battles like alliance. They may bring bonuses to the player imperium.

Thanks to everyone who read my post and sorry for the mistakes I don't think these are all the improvements that can be added. I hope this text will not go to the basket and we will see something of it in the game.