I became space emperor in 12 turns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OhMy, Dec 31, 2021.

1. OhMy

OhMy Cadet

I've launched the game for the first time in my life. Selected the mineral guys, because their look reminded me of hydralisk so I liked it. All settings on default (the game difficulty was the easiest one, don't remember the correct wording).
    Still getting familiar with UI, when around turn 10 some other guy flies over my home, and Sol system appears on the right, 1 star system away from me. Before I realize anything, some sort of election starts. Still confused, I have no idea what to press, I press "Next", then "Vote for yourself". I get 13 votes, Terran dude gets 9.

I see fireworks and message that I am a galaxy emperor now. And the victory window.

Those mineral guys should totally be nerfed, if you ask me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi! Thanks for buying the game, and welcome to the forums.

Hehe, that was the fastest win I've heard anyone reporting ;) Playing the game with the easiest difficulty level (Tutor) gives you considerable advantages over your rivals: more population in your homeworld, more infrastructure, a very favourable start (and a very unfavourable start for the other players). It's meant to help new players learn how to play the game.

I see you played with the Moltar against a single opponent, the Human. When all players meet, the Galactic Council is assembled, and it will run every 30 turns from that point forward. When the Galactic Council is assembled all players vote to try and elect the Galactic Emperor. Since it was only you and one rival, and you had considerable advantages over it, you got enough votes to declare yourself the emperor. Having more population gives you more votes, among other factors.

So, it's not that the Moltar are really stronger than the other races. Each race has their own strengths and weaknesses. What skewed the odds in your favor tremendously in this short session was the easiest difficulty level, combined with the fact there were only 2 players playing. The Galactic Council then pops up, and you can win, if you wish. You can then decide to end the game there, as you did, or you can decide not to win immediately and abastain, and no one will win immediately. You can then take your time to learn how to play and decide what to do on a next Galactic Council opportunity.

One thing I noticed is that you said the Terrans had 9 votes and you had 13. 13 votes should not be enough to win a 2/3 election, unless they've voted for you. If you still have a save around before that election please send it to me so I can have a look at it to see if something is wrong. Just attach the save in a post here on the forums or send it to me to contact@praxis-games.com. Save files can be found here: C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\

If you can't see the save files please turn 'show hidden files' on on Windows. Check here on how to do that.

Thanks!