Ideas to improve the game...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sergey, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Sergey

Sergey Cadet

Feedback and Ideas to improve the game:
    (english not my native language, sorry)

This game is very well! Thank you for continue series MOO2 (the most balancing in MOO) as turn-base.
    I am very like all series Master of Orion (MOO), and play in it from first MOO1 :) very long time.

So, I buy and play in Interstellar Space (thank you for game!), and get some Ideas for gameplay improvements...
    I see three (3) directions to improve:
    A) Research
    B) Leader's Traits and Perks
    C) Star-map and ship travel

About this in detail:
    A-1) Now, research is very qickly in middle and late stage of game. Some bonuses is very high for getting-up RP and boost research unbalancing. I talk about "Infrastructure bonus", that is grow-up very quickly from Planet Infra Level.
    For example, colony at start for 10..12 turn can get 4 infra level (!), and get Legendary-Infra in some research direction. It mean many bonuses in RP !
    My suggestion: some get-down bonuses to RP for Infrastrucure level of colony

A-2) If startup-game-setting is not "random research", decision in choice of research-project often have majority project only and no variability for gameplay strategy.
    So, for slowing research progress and more variability, I suggest: if not set "random research", then need to finish/get two (2) projects for unlock next level in research tree! And with it, the usefulness of diplomacy "research exchange" or spying "steal research" will be much more. Also, the "x2" modificator, make to decision that project need to research first.

B-1) When Leader is coming, at early stage of game, his Traits and Perks(skill) is very important for gameplay. I think, when Leader is level-up, his skill improve more likely in perks, which Leader have. Now decision-algorythm very random - it is BAD !
    My suggestion: in level-up choice-windows:
    "left" perk have 50% chance to up existing perk, or 50% get new perk in same category (research/colony/fight/espionage/...) if can,
    "right" perk is 100% new randome perk.

B-2) Now, very much leader's Perks is "research-perk". It is useless for fighting Leaders.
    My suggestion: change bonus for "research-directions-perk", and get some new fighting Perk. For Ship's Leaders Research Perks don't have RP/research-level, but have ships aware bonuses. For examlpe:
    "defence research": 10/20/40 RP in Defence and 10%/20%/30% in shield strenght for Leader's ship, also EXPERT have 10% in shield strenght for all his fleet.
    "weapon research": 10/20/40 RP in Weapon and +1/+2/+3 in MIN (!) and MAX ship weapon damage, also EXPERT have +1 in MIN and MAX ships weapon damage for all his fleet.
    "economic research": 10/20/40 RP in Economic and +5/+10/+20 additional command points
    "propulsion research": 10/20/40 RP in Propulsion and +2/+4/+6 maneuverability for Leader's ship, also EXPERT have +2 in maneuverability for all his fleet.
    "ecology research": 10/20/40 RP in Ecology and 10%/20%/30% structure strenght for Leader's ship, also EXPERT have 10% in structure strenght for all his fleet.
    "construction research": 10/20/40 RP in Construction and 10%/20%/30% in armor for Leader's ship, also EXPERT have 10% in armor for all his fleet.

C-1) Now, Empire's sphere of influence is depends on how many people in star system.
    But (!), it is not good for early stage of game. Also, others player's ship can come in sphere of influence as free. Why ???
    My suggestion: Empire's sphere of influence depends on Infra-levels and peoples of System (sum of all colonies)
    and (!) ships of other Players can not travel through sphere without "Trade agreement".

Thank you very much for this game!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1