Interstellar Geology/Helium-3/Gas Giants

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by PlotinusRedux, Oct 19, 2019.

1. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

I don't think this is intentional, but maybe it is. I've been wondering why every gas giant has Helium-3. I always grab Interstellar Geology early, and just noticed--a bunch of gas giants that list 1 Helium-3, that 1 is coming from the perk--without the perk they have no Helium-3.

I'd expect it to only add 1 when there was at least 1 present, but maybe the current behavior is intentional.

This is also in the game started after loading a 1.03 save, so if it was fixed in 1.04 that may be why I'm still seeing it.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Interstellar Geology (IG) offers a strategic resource source even on sites that didn't have one before.

upload_2019-10-20_19-56-47.png

IG is a level 5 culture perk though, so it can't be picked very early, or if so you have to go deep in the Wealth branch, unless you go with random culture perks.

Looking back this could be a bit too much bonus, and maybe only sites with resources should offer more. If we see that there's too much strategic resources generated from IG we can consider making it offer extra sources only for sites with at least 1 source.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

No worries if it's working as intended. And yeah, I beeline for it, which sacrifices in the other 2 branches, and combine it with going heavy for SR in general, so I'm not representative of the average player--and of course I could just *not* do that. It does lead to a *lot* of Helium-3 just because there are so many gas giants--for the others where you find usually 2-3 sources it's not a huge effect, and even the Helium-3 means a lot of outposts, etc.

Mainly it solved my confusion over a post Konstantine had made a while back about less gas giants having Helium-3 when I was finding it on every single one--though if I'd thought about it, the way I expected it to work, I never should have found any sources that only had 1 Helium-3.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1