Interstellar Space: Genesis 1.0 Released!

Discussion in 'Development News' started by Adam Solo, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hello everyone!

This is the day! We finally arrived! I've just hit the button to release Interstellar Space: Genesis 1.0. Thank you to everyone! We could haven't made it without everyone who pre-ordered the game and provided feedback. You guys and gals were fantastic. Some of you have pre-ordered ISG about two years ago when it was still very unfinished and very ugly. Now, I believe the swan has grown and is now more beautiful, but it still has a lot of room to grow and evolve.

Here's the game's launch trailer that you can watch here:

You can buy the game on Steam, or DRM-free through the Humble widget (directly from our official site), Humble Bundle and Itch.io. You also get a Steam key when you buy from Humble widget, Humble store or Itch.io. And, by the way, we earn the most money from the Humble widget). Itch.io is cool too.

Just some details about the release.

If you have the game already and played an early version I strongly suggest you start new games with this version 1.0 so you can enjoy from the full experience. Please, also delete all your current custom races, as several changes were made to the races so better start clean and fresh on that as well.

1.0 is mostly the same as the Beta release, but with new additions, AI tweaks and several bugfixes brought by when we reached the Gold version, which is this 1.0 you'll have access now, when you update or buy.

It's time to celebrate! Thanks again everyone. And remember, this is just the beginning for the Interstellar Space saga and for Praxis Games. Strategy and 4X gaming has a new company doing the games we love, so stay tuned for updates and expansions for Interstellar Space as for announcements on future games!

Cheers!
    Adam Solo & Hugo Rosado
    Praxis Games

Here's some screenshots:

ISG_Starmap.jpg

ISG_SystemView2.jpg

ISG_ColonyTerran.jpg

ShipDesign.jpg

ISG_Combat01.jpg

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 3
  2. vmxa

vmxa Commander

Yes, I remember getting your email way back about the game. Here's to the crew on staying the course and getting the game out. So many Moo like games have been started and never come close to the end. I was not really expecting this to be the one, but then it began to congeal.

Hope it is a massive seller.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 3
  3. DiscoJer

DiscoJer Cadet

Personally I'm glad you made it, but I'm skeptical it was sell well. Modern 4x fans seem to be well, jerks.

"What does it do that's innovative?" "Why are the graphics so poor? It's like from the 90s (completely forgetting what actual games from the 90s looked like" "Why isn't it real time? Turn based is so dated" "Why isn't it multiplayer?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. vmxa

vmxa Commander

You may be right, but the good news is they do not need to sell as many copies as Civ6 does.

5. Ergie

Ergie Cadet

Congrats for the release!!. BEST luck for you guys.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 3
  6. Wanderer

Wanderer Ensign

Liebes ISG Team !
    Ihr habt so hart gearbeitet und ich freue mich mit Euch das das Spiel veröffentlicht werden konnte . Ich wünsche Euch das Eure Mühe jetzt durch gute Verkaufserlöse belohnt wird.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1