Leader Reappearance

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Joe3, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe3

Joe3 Ensign

Explored a ruin and found a leader I had already hired many turns ago. Suddenly the "old" leader was gone and a new version of the same leader was for hire. That does not seem right. Is this a bug? This is happening in A2.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Did you hire that leader twice from ruins? In other words, did you hire that leader before from exploring previous ruins?

Also, was the leader actually working for you (was actually hired) at the time you found the same leader in the ruins? Or was he/she "ready for hire" or gone some time before that event? And, did you get the leader through an event or was the leader hired normally?

Do you have a save of the time you found the leader in the ruins? In any case can you tell me which leader it was and send me a save of that time or some time after or before so I could have a look at it?

To upload a save just zip it and attach it here in a post using the "More Options / Upload a file" option you see below each post.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. Joe3

Joe3 Ensign

Hi Adam. I don't remember how I came to hire her (Aethernna Demu "Misty") the first time, but it was some time back, maybe as much as 40 or 50 turns before she "reappeared". Whenever it was she showed up the first time, I hired her on the spot, immediately assigned her to Earth/Sol and she had at least one upgrade, if not two, before she reappeared in a ruin. And yes, she was still on the job just before I found her in the ruin.

This has happened twice with the same leader. I didn't report the first time thinking it was some sort of glitch or that I made a mistake of some kind.

I'll be happy to send you a copy of a saved file close to the most recent occurrence, if you can tell me where I can find it (outside of the game, that is). I'm using Steam now and I can find some of the saved files, but not all of them. Also, I've been deleting as I go so I'm not sure what's left.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for the details. Misty can only be hired through ruins investigation or through events. You got the second version via ruins searching. I believe the first time you either found her in a previous ruin or you obtained her through an event. Don't you recall being one of those cases?

In any case, I think I have isolated the problem to two code issues I found while analysing this, and I think it helps justify this issue if you either hired her through an event or through ruins the first time. If you remember hiring Misty "normally" the first time, i.e. she just appeared at your door, then it must still be another thing. Do you remember how you hired her the first time?

Thanks!

\Edit: Even if Misty appeared to you for hire in the first time, she should have been found in ruins by someone else and not hired (or fired). Eventually, she would then appear at your door for hire. So, I'm fairly confident that I may have found the source of the issue. Basically, when a leader was being found in ruins, it was "left there" to be found again. Go figure :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  5. Joe3

Joe3 Ensign

Ok, I do not remember how I hired her but from what you said, it must have been through exploring a ruin. So far this game I've only experienced two "events" and neither of them involved a leader in any way. I guess that solves the problem. Thanks very much for your quick response.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.