leaders and adventure missions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JOM, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JOM

JOM Ensign

if you dont mind I would like to throw in some ideas from me for future updates or dlcs

1. Leaders can atm goto spy missions to other empires instead of beeing a governor or so. thats great. I really like it. How about enhancing this idea, by creating an "adventuring mission" in addition to spy missions? It could be resolved like this:

-method A) From time to time the player gets the option to send one of this leaders to an adventuring mission. Some adventurelike races maybe gets such options more often than others. If the player decides to accept the adventure he chooses the leader which he thinks is best suited for this mission. The adventure pops up for lets say 30 turns or so, when its not accepted during this time, it disappears. (like leaders do)

method B) there is a list of available adventure missions readable for all players. From time to time new missions appear on this list, while old ones disappear. When a player thinks its advantageous for him he can assign one leader for an adventure on this list.

2. Leaders on adventure missions resolve these in a couple of turns. At the end of the mission there is a "die-roll" if the mission was sucessful ore not. The higher the leaders levels, stats or special abilities are the better are the chances to be sucessful in the adventure. Maybe some more complex missions are requiring a couple of steps and decisions till they can be resolved.

3. The loot, dont forget the loot for sucessful adventuring :)

The negative side of such a system is that the devs must be very creative in designing interesting adventure missions and the whole subsystem behind them.
    The positive side is that no 4x game has such a system, so it would be a unique selling point for ISG. Also the basics rule and programming structures are already here by allowing leaders to do spy missions which are somewhat similar to adventuring missions.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Jolly Joker

Jolly Joker Cadet

I think that's already covered, more or less, with the Ruins feature.