Logistics Range and Wormholes Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alium, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Alium

Alium Cadet

I was not sure if this was intended behavior or not, so I will ask here.

Here is the setup: System A is within my logistics range and connects via wormhole to a System B outside my logistics range. I can, naturally, move from System A to System B through the wormhole . Now consider that I have a System C within my logistics range; I am able to move from System C, directly across the map, to System B, which is outside my logistics range, without going through the wormhole connection in System A. Should this movement be possible?

2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Hi @Alium

Yes, it is intended to act that way. The wormhole creates an exception whereby System B is in range regardless of where you travel from. As you play, keep an eye on this as the AI can use it to attack an area that you think is safe, of course, you can do the same.

The game is new to you, it has many more surprises, for example a rogue planet can act like a secret base, (ships going there disappear from the map upon arrival until you also locate the planet via remote exploration, the same holds true for the AI if you have the rogue planet). this also allows some nice strategies to play out.

3. Alium

Alium Cadet

Konstantine,

That is a very interesting feature. As you say, I will have to play more to explore what strategies it enables.

Thanks for replying.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1