Lopsided losses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Konstantine, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

I do appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this game, especially the current version. But take a look at this. These Nova Ships have Adamantium armor and class X shields. My own ships? Some of them are over 200 turns old, they have technology that is far behind the Nova.

The auto-resolve, had I chosen to activate it, gave me a 23% chance of winning this battle…

Now look at the results from manual combat…

Seriously, guys… I’m good, but this is not only my skills at work here.

se.jpg

2. Konstantine

Let me also include this instance as well so that I can establish that these are not "isolated" instances.

In the battle below, I received an 18% chance of winning it via auto-resolve...really?

The main cause of these type of losses is how the AI designs ships offensively. They are very robust and have excellent defensive capabilities, but the choices made on offensive weapon load out could use additional work.

two.jpg

3. Konstantine

I will include one more example here, but for slightly different reasons.
    The battle below saw me suffer the most casualties I have incurred so far in a single fight. Throughout the entire session, I have lost 2 Frigates and 3 Destroyers total, I have killed over 250 enemy ships. This battle then would represent about half my losses.

The thing is, prior to the battle I got a 1% chance of winning on auto-resolve. I am not exaggerating. Looking at the opposing forces, I can see 35% to 45% being accurate, but 1% is wrong. Yes the Moltar ships are far more advanced than my own and have auto-repair, (that's the reason their Titan survived), but as we can see from the actual results, the algorithm is either really off, or I need to find a new line of work as I am wasting my talents apparently:).

three.jpg