Menagerie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kharn, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

[game version 1.1.1 stable steam]

Hi, is there any way to annihilate colonists on conquered worlds? In MoO2 it was available to undemocratic governments, but even in democracy you could simply not feed unwanted menagerie.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Right now the only way to do that is to bomb them into oblivion from orbit, but that destroys buildings, infrastructure etc. Personally I wouldn't mind this as well as a way to eliminate natives, sometimes their presence is a long term detriment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Konstantine

I should mention that if you perform a successful ground invasion, you also have the option to either occupy or raze the colony. But I do not think that is what you mean, I believe you are looking at a way to kill off the pop but keep the colony structures intact, in this case it can't be done in ISG due to how population is manipulated from one colony to another. One of the things I miss and that was available in MoO2 is that you could take specific pops and send them where you wanted. It was possible for example to send those that preferred low g worlds to such worlds from a conquered colony.

4. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

Yeah, I want the planet to be in my empire, but their original population is not necessary.
    Well, in MoO2, I send unwanted species to planets that have already reached population limits, so when transport arrives, unwanted citizens just disappear. These were my "secret police" activities, and even this feature of MoO2 was more effective than brutal annihilation and works in democratic societies as well.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  5. Konstantine

That is a brilliant and creative interpretation of the rules...and very sneaky, I like it:)

• Funny Funny x 1