Minor clean up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Konstantine, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

I've noticed the fine tuning and clean up of text, it's appreciated. I've also noticed a handful of cases that still need clean up. I thought that by now either the Devs or the community would have caught them, but seeing as that isn't the case, I've made this thread.

The first is case can be found when entering a trade treaty with the Cerixx who reply,
    "... and that's a Cerixx Sentinels promise."

The rule is that the possessive of a singular noun is formed by adding an apostrophe and s, whether the singular noun ends in s or not. The possessive of a plural noun is formed by adding only an apostrophe when the noun ends in s, and by adding both an apostrophe and s when it ends in a letter other than s.

In this case a Cerrix sentinel is making the promise, therefore the correct phrase is written as ... and that's a Cerixx Sentinel's promise.

When I encounter other such errors, I will add them here.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  2. Konstantine

The next instance is not an error per-say, but rather a sub-optimal choice of words.
    Read the passage
    Ga.jpg

Might it not be better immersion wise to replace the word "world" with either galaxy or universe?

3. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

You can't expect the Sulak Existance to speak perfect English. They can't even spell "Existence" correctly.

Maybe they are philosophers, though--we use "the world" as a synonym for all physical existence, which is one of the definitions Webster gives....

4. Konstantine

The Sulak? Philosophers? That's a bit of a stretch.