Multiplayer revisited

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by siron, Apr 19, 2020.

1. siron

siron Cadet

Is MP still being considered?
    If so, what is its ETA?

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi siron, welcome to the forums.

Some form of multiplayer is still a possibility, and we have some ideas regarding offering multiplayer options for the future, but it's not a priority at this point.

3. siron

siron Cadet

So, it is not planned for the next DLC, I assume.
    Are there any expected release dates for the forthcoming (I hope more than one) DLCs?
    (I assume, we speak about years and not months?)

And regarding "some form". So it is only about some hotseat mode (and not proper MP like in MOO2)?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  4. Adam Solo

It's still a bit soon to advance or announce details on the expansions. We have been working and are working on it. We'll announce more information on the expansions when we're ready.

Cannot advance any more on that at the moment, I'm afraid. If and when MP goes ahead and in which form or forms. We'll have to see.

5. Phillip Rehm

Phillip Rehm Cadet

6. Phillip Rehm

Phillip Rehm Cadet

MULTIPLAYER MATTERS....... 4x games are built for it. What is the latest. My friends group will not even look at it until it is multiplayer

7. Adam Solo

Hi, I understand there's a significant amount of 4X players that would like to have multiplayer, and I wish we could offer that possibility. However, it's unlikely we'll offer multiplayer at this point. We have a very small team and this is our first game, so we focused on offering the best single-player experience first. Although unlikely, some form of multiplayer could still be an option for the future, but I'm afraid no promises can be made about it at this point.

8. SilasOfBorg

SilasOfBorg Ensign

Ack, please don't add MP. You've designed a great single-player game and IMHO your efforts would be better spent running with that.

MP needs a completely different design approach from the ground up and I'm not sure ISG's current strengths would translate well.