No Galactic Vote when it's enabled

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Far Oceans, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Far Oceans

Far Oceans Cadet

I have the option for the Galactic Vote enabled but it never happens. It used to happen but after playing a few games it's stopped. I checked to make sure it was enabled before beginning the game. Is there a tweak to fix this? Great game, lots of fun to play but I prefer the vote win rather than slog through killing everyone.

2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Welcome to the forums @Far Oceans
    I'm playing a session now and the vote is working, can you tell me if you have encountered all AI factions yet? If you have, and no vote took place, can you post a save?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

If you check the empire status screen (crown icon in upper right corner of galaxy map), it should tell you when the next vote will be. If it says disabled, it was disabled when the game was started. If it says not started, it has not started because you have not established contact with all the AI empires yet.

4. Far Oceans

Far Oceans Cadet

I checked it and it shows over 977 thousand turns until the next vote. Seems like a bug to me. Saved game uploaded in the zip file.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Yes, 199714 turns is a bit too long to wait for the next council meeting. I can confirm this is a bug.

Thank you for providing the save. It will help in troubleshooting the cause of this issue. Did you have any galactic council meetings at all this game before this occurred?

6. Far Oceans

Far Oceans Cadet

There was never even one council meeting. They just never happened.
    Thanks though, great game, I'm having a lot of fun playing it.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  7. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for the bug report, and the save. The galactic council data was not being properly updated after a player wins a game by election and then starts a new game immediately after. That new game would still have the old galactic council data and then the galactic council never happened in that new game.

In the current version (1.0.4) there's no problem if you win a game, quit the game and then launch the game again later, as the galactic council data is updated correctly when launching the game, but not when winning a game and then starting a game right after.

This will be corrected in the 1.0.5 patch.

Thanks!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1