Not a Bug per se... He3 research

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by CyclopsSlayer, Jul 23, 2020.

1. CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer Cadet

Started a new game, Remote Discovery reveals a He3 source under an Ameoba. I received the He3 decision and went military. Enhanced shields and beam augment function based on the amount of Helium in the empire. Fusion Drives do not. I was able to develop and deploy Fusion engines long before I could afford the military to kill the monster or find another He3 source.
    I assume this applies to the other rare resources as well.

Should the Engines, and similar techs, require at least 1 developed source?

BTW- a war with enhanced shields and beam augmentation backed by 13 He3 was devastating.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Fusion Drives should require at least 1 source of available (exploited) Helium-3 in the empire. Only then the ships will operate with the Fusion Drive. If the sources are lost, the ships revert to using nuclear engines or the best available alternative drive.

That said, if you have observed your ships using the Fusion Drive with 0 sources of Helium-3 in the empire then please send me a save (attached in a post here in the forums) and I can check if there is a bug.

I suppose those 13 Helium-3 are with the Interstellar Geology culture perk, correct?

3. CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer Cadet

Actually, no. it was just the RNG being teasing. Almost every early gas giant was a +2, +4 from my home system alone. Most of the time, only a dozen or so games now, I have trouble finding a single +1 early. I never got into the deep techs by the time I owned the galaxy.

edit: Ah! You are quite correct. I was able to develop the Fusion drives, but not actually implement them. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020