Notification graphics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by medway, Nov 4, 2018.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

This is a minor point but just something I've noticed while playing is that the event icons on the right side of the screen seem inconsistent in the design.

Some of the icons such as the exploration ones (telescope and magnifying glass) stick out for being somewhat cartoony compared to the rest. Perhaps this was on purpose though so they stick out?

The icons like "Outpost established" have a nice flat look that coincides with the rest of the GUI which is clean and unobtrusive looking.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Different icons were designed at different times, that's why you see the lack of overall consistency you report. We will have a look at that when we do the graphical improvements for the game. Thanks!

3. medway

medway Lieutenant

I hope you don't change the graphics too much as I like them overall a lot especially the main text areas.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Could you be a bit more specific? What main text areas are you referring to? Thanks.

5. medway

medway Lieutenant

Basically everything that has text or gives information. For me the graphics are perfect other than those couple of icons that stuck out. I like the clean look the game has so would prefer this over adding excessive shading or eye candy to it.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1