Odd problem with targeting enemys...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironsides, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

So the fed attacked the palaceans... 41 monsters + others...

Fed vs Palacean 1.jpg 41 monsters.jpg

The image doesn't show all the enemy? and some will come on from off the map, the problem... I dont seem to be able to target the enemy from off map and the only way to play the battle is auto combat...

victory screen auto combat edition:

Fed vs Palacean 1.jpg 41 victory.jpg

Obviously Im missing something...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

You mean even if you manipulate the map (up/down) you still can't see all the enemy ships?

3. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

Apparantly so, but the real issue is those ships that I couldn't see at the start which came on to the map at various locations, one place was lower left corner and they appeared to be invisible to targeting , gave the impression that they had some kind of cloaking device that prevented targeting (dematerialiser?), though as I far as I could see they had nothing like that in their tek...

replayed the battle and after several turns still could not target enemy so went to auto, result enemy fleet destroyed...

Fed vs Palacean 2 41 monster begin combat screen.jpg

First round after fed attacks.
    Fed vs Palacean 2 41 monster first round.jpg

Secound round cannot target enemy moving onto the map.
    Fed vs Palacean 2 41 monster second round end cannot target enemy.jpg

Third round cannot target enemy, targets are fading in and out?
    Fed vs Palacean 2 41 monster third round begin cannot target enemy.jpg

Forth round Fed goes to Auto, destroys enemy even those that cannot be seen and are effectively off map?
    Fed vs Palacean 2 41 monster forth round auto destroys enemy.jpg

Fed vs Palacean 2 41 monster victory screen.jpg

Not had this one before, as a note I downgraded my entire fleet to level 5 shields and armed everything with a limited number of plasma beams many only one beam!, at the same time cutting down dependancy on helium to some extent... the Palcean have Adamantium and max structure their TT had over 2500 structure, monsters have extra armour and weapons... made NO difference.
    There are 40+ monsters left which are mostly destroyed in two other smaller consecutive battles leaving the palaceans effectively defencless...

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi Ironsides, could you send me a save with that battle where you say you couldn't target the enemy in combat? Thanks.

PS: By the way, there's a limit to the number of ships that can take part in battle. If the Palaceans had many more ships than that limit, then several battle instantes will take place. The strange part is when you say you couldn't target the enemy ships. With the save I'll be able to assess why that is happening. Thanks.

5. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

I could if I knew where to find the saves and what address would I send it too?

What I can send is the save at the end of the move prior to the battle taking place and the saved move Immediatly following...

As a note, I replayed 4 times with the same results the last allowing the enemy to move futher on the map and still couldn't target them even after four rounds.

6. Adam Solo

Sorry, I assumed you knew where the save files were, for some reason. You can find the save files in this folder:
    C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\

If you can't see this folder you have to make it visible using this procedure.

You can send me the saves directly to contact@praxis-games.com or by attaching the save files in a post here on the forums. Regarding the saves, yes, if you can send me the save on the turn just before the battle that would be great. You can also send the saves before and immediately after, if you have them.

Thanks!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  7. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

Heres a 7zip achive with the relevant files, seems to work ok:

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Adam Solo

Thanks for sending the save files. With them I was able to identify the issue.

There was a glitch when placing fleets with many ships on the combat map. In this case, there were a total of 50 ships on the enemy side. Not all ships would be placed correctly and could appear "off-screen", as you reported. The trouble is that some of these ships could still interact with the combat in erroneous ways, producing the issue you mentioned of not being able to target some enemy ships.

This is now resolved. Many more ships are now allowed to do battle, and they are now correctly placed on the combat map. The remaining ones that cannot fight in the first combat instance will fight in the following ones.

This bug fix will be available in the next update.

Thanks!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  9. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

Glad to be of help.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1