Orbit animation with many ships

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by medway, Aug 4, 2019.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

Just checked out a system to see what fleet was in it and noticed the animation of the fleet was really stuttery and weird looking. When I checked the fleet size I realized why :)

Maybe there needs to be some limit on how many ships it tries to render to keep it smooth and coherent looking.

The speed on the fleet orbiting was about 2-3 fps.

orbit.png

Btw is there a tactic where the AI puts a huge fleet in the centre of the galaxy? This system is almost the exact center. Makes sense in a way that it could move them where it needs them but this seems a bit excessive.

EDIT: just found a bigger fleet in another system (204 ships vs the 157 in this one), guess the Moltor is just making big fleets in this game.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, this is related with the issue you reported on https://interstellarspacegame.com/f...ess-battle-due-to-large-number-of-ships.1203/

Basically, there's shouldn't be fleets of that size, or at least not that easily. In any case, I took note of this issue, and if huge fleets do occur we'll make sure to do optimizations on the system view so that you don't have the stutter when there's so many ships being rendered there. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  3. medway

medway Lieutenant

Thanks, yea posted this before I realized what was going on as per the other posts :)