[PA11] Request Defense Desire

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by aReclusiveMind, Nov 3, 2018.

1. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Does the Request Defense desire have an auto-fail timer? The desire itself lists a bonus if completed within X turn.

Should the "30T" be listed as an unfulfillment trigger? I think that is what threw me off. I didn't realize it was something I had to do on a strict time table.

Here is the Request Defense mission I received from Sophia Santini.

isg_11_requestdefense.jpg

This screenshot is taken much later on turn 154. Her "desires" states that on turn 107 this desire was unfulfilled.

Is that because it became impossible to leave a large enough force stationed there for 5 turns and still meet the 30 turn requirement at that point?

Side note: She also asked me to dismiss Wan Ironshard. Hahahaha, not going to happen, but I'll happily accept the -10 for not meeting that request.
    isg_11_requestdefense2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

What confuses in that desire is the fact it may not be clear that the 30T is a deadline, for which the desire is unfulfilled if that is not met. It should say so in the Unfulfillment triggers, I agree. Although, the idea with the Unfulfillment triggers was of something that happens in the meantime that triggers an automatic unfulfillment. We thought the explicit ETA deadline was enough in the desire's text but apparently it is not and we'll look into revising this type of desire to be more clear that there is a turn limit after which the desire is set to unfulfilled if that deadline is not met.

Thanks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1