Pacing of the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrazyElf, Jan 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CrazyElf

CrazyElf Lieutenant

Should there be an option to increase the pace of the game to get to late game more rapidly?

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

1. A lot more resources to start
    2. Maybe even more perfect worlds (comparable or better than homeworld)
    3. Faster research
    4. Faster build speeds
    5. Possibly cheaper as well

Seeing that a few people have asked about this. I think that one option is an options slider where people can choose between slower starts (really slow, slow), a normal start, then faster starts and super faster starts.

2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Play around with a custom race... and you can make this happen without the sliders. Funny enough, I'm one of those that think the pace gets too fast quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

If the per player difficulty settings are able to make it into the initial release, I believe we will have a roundabout way to adjust the pacing.

If the player sets their own difficulty to an easier difficulty level, they will get numerous bonuses to their development early on as well as a plethora of habitable worlds nearby. If they set themselves to normal or above, they will have an average start. On hardcore, they will have an even slower start.

Meanwhile the AI can be controlled completely separately. They can develop quickly (on higher difficulties) and quicken the pace the player needs to play at, or they can develop slowly (on lower difficulties) allowing the player to play at a more leisurely place.

That is the easiest way to resolve this issue given a system that is already likely (though not guaranteed) to make it into the game at this point. It can always be tweaked once implemented.

• Helpful Helpful x 1