PD + AF + Banks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by PlotinusRedux, Jun 11, 2021.

1. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

Sorry, I find those edge cases probably no one but me would ever do anyway--I just get curious trying out every possibility I can. And this is 1.2.4, still finishing a game in it, will take a bit to be able to test it in 1.3.0.

So I made a ship with 31x Flak PD + AF in one bank and 1x Flak PD + AF in another bank. When firing on ships, they both do the exact same damage--the bank of 31 hit 3 times for 8 points each, and the bank of 1 hit 3 times for 8 points each. I verified the actual damage the ship took to make sure it wasn't just an animation error.

With PD without AF, the 31x bank did 31 times the damage of the 1x bank as expected.

I verified the same behavior with Wurtzite cannon--against ships PD banks with AF seem to fire as though there was only one weapon in the bank.

I compared 1 bank of 5x Wurtzite PD AF vs 5 banks of 1x Wurtzite PD AF, and the 5 1x banks did 5 times the damage of the 1 5x bank.

Who puts AF on a PD weapon? Probably only me, though the Flak forces PD and has AF as an option, so I wanted to see if the AF made it do more damage to missiles. I couldn't tell if it did or not, but against missiles the 31x bank did let me fire 31 times, so it seem to only affect firing on ships.

BTW, does AF help against missiles? It didn't do the auto fire animation with the missiles and it doesn't report the damage done to missiles anywhere so I couldn't tell.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for the report on the use of AF with PD weapons. I'll have a look at this in a next opportunity to see what may be happing there.