Peace????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Konstantine, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

I'm confused bu what just happened in my current game, here is a brief outline.
    The vote came up and the Lobsters won, I refused to accept the results and the entire Galaxy declared war on me.
    As the shot shows, there will be no further votes, it's war to the death.

gv.jpg

Yet one turn later, the Moltar asked for peace, which I accepted just to see what would occur.

GV2.jpg

I didn't think it was possible for this to happen once you refuse to accept the galactic vote, is it intentional?

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

The all out war when the Human player refuses the vote isn't permanent. Every other race will get a hefty negative (permanent) diplomatic modifier with the defiant player though, so it will not be easy to establish good relations with the other players from that point forward, but it's not impossible.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

That's... delightful actually, an extreme rarity. I noticed relations were horrid before I refused the vote. We had been at war, I razed some outposts and used WMDs against them. Then I got another -10 (nice touch) modifier for refusing the vote, they are "furious".

I like to think that it was self preservation kicking in that caused this, they are completely outclassed by my empire. I know this is probably temporary, and if I pursue this session they will just declare war again at an opportune time, but I like the fact that this can occur, even if it is extremely rare.