Please highlight revealed Information

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rxnnxs, Nov 18, 2019.

1. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Now if we get the information about the discoveries, it is updated and presented. But it is not shown what. It is there.. But wouldn't it be much better to see what we do now know we didn't the turn before?

I know, you can read through all the text that explains this.. accretion discs do this, and with planets it is that and so on, and always I forget what could become common sense... but before this knowledge is hardwired in my brain, learning those rules would not be necessary, because it could be glowing text, or has another color .. for this turn..

what do you think?

Here some pics to show what I mean:

fleet report.jpg
    Ok, I am eager to find out what's new! Show me the discoveries!

whats new.jpg
    Oh, ok, well... What is new?!

Ok, up to the right top there is this explanation:
    read twice.jpg

Well, this has to be remembered for every exploration level and for wormholes and accretion disks (i guess normal planetary systems).
    Now to make things more complicated, if I want to find out, what the Basic scan shows me now compared to the even lesser scan, I have to find a system where the scan level is lower than basic. There I could find out, what Basic will offer :)

Now with Basic it is easy, because before Basic there is nothing... If Advanced is achieved, the special/strategic resources are discovered.

So for the above case, in Basic it could glow always (for only this turn at the newly discovered system) or only if hovering with the mouse over the magnifying lense (this could work always, not only when freshly discovered) the following: Planets Name, Size, World type, Gravity; and for the advanced scan the richness and eco could glow.

I hope you will understand and like what bothered me for a long time, but never came to my mind mentioning it :)

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

When the system is explored to Advanced level it glows the revealed planet richness and ecological level, and if it's an accretion disk the tourism and research potential.

When the system is explored to Full level it glows the revealed strategic resources found in gas giants, planet specials and the resources in accretion disks. When a space monster is found at advanced or full level it's fairly evident that you have found it. The same for wormholes and ruins.

Basic scan reveals the system information where previously you don't have any. So, there's really nothing to glow, as everything there is new :)

So, this feature is already there. What may be happening, and I understand that may confuse a bit, is when you have a system already at basic scan level and you then explore the entire sector remotely to basic scan level. In that case, nothing new is found in that system because that particular one was already scanned at basic level.

3. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Ok, I looked it up in the game.
    Specials like Helium glow when the amount is known, but eco level and mineral richness is not glowing. this is what I meant.

Also it would be in my eyes better, if you explain the current scan level, and then desribe what the next level would do.
    Right now, only the next level is described.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, this makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1