Potential bug with cancelling ship movement

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by medway, Jul 6, 2019.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

I accidentally sent 3 ships to a system where I only wanted one (keep forgetting to deselect all ships when selecting one).

I have the tech to give orders mid flight so I immediately selected the two I wanted to stay and directed them 'back' (they hadn't traveled yet so this was just an order to supersede the initial one).

When the outpost ship got to the system I targeted I was unable to build the outpost. I got the option for it but when I clicked the planet I wanted it wouldn't accept. I was also unable to complete the turn.

I quite to main menu and reloaded the game. When it loaded all of the systems were missing, just the zone outlines and basic map but none of the systems/planets existed.

I then quit to desktop and it loaded fine. I tried to reproduce the same scenario where I turned back ships immediately but this time it worked fine.

So doesn't seem repeatable but I had been playing for a few hours at that point so maybe something in the game memory up to that point triggered it.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

So, the fleet with the 3 ships hadn't departed yet.

You then picked 2 ships to get them back to the system (no travel was involved).

You have transcommunication, although that is not required to instruct a fleet that has not travelled yet to get back.

Which ships did you instruct to get back? It was an outpost ship and what other type of ship?

It may be a bug when using transcommunication (you need 2 Dark matter to use it, by the way).

Since you're using transcommunication in your current game let me know if you end up triggering this again and what steps have you done to get that.

Thanks!

3. medway

medway Lieutenant

Hi Adam,

Yes I have that tech (and 9 dark matter). It seemed to work when I reloaded so not sure if it was connected at all but it was the last set of commands I did.

• Helpful Helpful x 1