Prestige Doesn't Give Leader that is available...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by pnye71, Dec 29, 2018.

1. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

So running the stable 1b. Large galaxy with 8 players. Playing a custom Draguul with Prestige ability. Says I have a ship leader available, but when I use it doesn't give a leader and goes on 40 turn cooldown.

P.S. An observation on Prestige. Even when not playing games with 6 to 8 players this ability is often unusable as there are rarely leaders available. I know we are waiting on more leaders to be designed, but maybe have a backup ability when there isn't a leader available. Could give a promotion to an existing leader and maybe let the player choose which leader gets the promotion... Just spitballing here, but food for thought.

As always, thoroughly enjoying the gaming experience and keeping my eye out for bugs/issues.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

So had another experience with a ship leader being available but when I trigger Prestige it simply went on cooldown and didn't offer that ship leader. Was really into my game so I'll send a save for the turn I attempted it. Also have screenshots of before and after attached. Running 1b stable. Large galaxy with 8 opponents. Custom human race. Lol there are 3 human factions in my game.

Attached Files:

3. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

I can confirm all this, and I believe what is happening is that the game is presenting leaders as free even when they are on a "wait" (a decision hasn't been made on hiring them). This may be true in cases where either the AI or the player has them in wait. Some correction is needed here if this is the case. Free leaders should only be presented as such if they are actually in the "pool" and available for immediate hire.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, it's an issue. I have already detected where the problem is, so this will be fixed soon. Thanks!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1