QoL Request: Add "Non-Combat Ship" icon to planets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KarasLegacy, Apr 24, 2020.

1. KarasLegacy

KarasLegacy Ensign

So right now when I send any ship to a planet, the garrison shield icon appears. However, I really separate my ships into combat and non combat (survey, support ship, etc).

I find its annoying when I send my support ships to a variety of planets, and then constantly go back to check on that planet, thinking there is a combat ship there.

It would be wonderful if non-combat ships had a different icon that appeared on a different position around the planet. So for example, if I have a warship and a support ship on the same planet, I would get the usual shield, and then perhaps a plus icon 30% counterclockwise on the planet.

This way players can tell quickly at a glance what kind of ships they have where. It will help them more quickly find that survey ship they need to move, or know if an enemy is heading to a planet with support ships but no actual warships, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, this has been a commonly requested feature. I think we should offer a QoL feature in the lines of what you propose at some point.

3. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

Maybe an option on the star system screen of 'attaching a support ship to this system', would be useful. Then this support ship wasn't displayed as a shield or whatever on the galaxy map, until the player 'detach it' to move it elsewhere.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for your suggestion. This is a commonly requested feature, and is on the big list of items to consider in the future. We'll see.