Race Starting Planet Infrastructure Picks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris Fowler, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Chris Fowler

Chris Fowler Cadet

My last game I played the Moltar for the first time . I had previously only played the Humans. I was suprised that it had 2 picks in planetary eng. To me that is almost a useless Choice on your starting planet since it is your perfect Biome and usually has 1 or 2 levels in Eco already and you will not be terraforming it. I checked the other races and it seems the Nova has 2 points in Planetary eng. and the Palaceans HAVE 3 points in it. That seriously undermines those races in the early game and also just makes the planet not useable for much. The other races have points in construction or ship building which is very useful in either early or late game.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi Chris, welcome to the forums.

As you described, each race has a preferred initial infrastructure profile in their homeworld. This reflects a bit on who they are, what they value the most and where they come from as a people. Some of the planetary engineering infrastructure picks' bonuses apply locally but most are actually empire-wide bonuses, granting planetary engineering research bonuses, more effective support ships for terraforming and ecoengineering activities empire-wide and if all three perks are unlocked (which is the case of the Palacean right from the start) an additional +15% PE bonus empire-wide.

If you'd prefer to play with a certain infrastructure profile at your homeworld you can create your own custom race and choose the affinity of your liking as the choice of affinity dictates the initial infra perks. The list of initial infrastructure perks is listed in the affinity tooltip. You can even base your custom race on a pre-existing race (just hit create with that race selected) and then just change the affinity and off you go.

3. Chris Fowler

Chris Fowler Cadet

Hi Adam, thanks for the welcome .
    I see what your saying. The Moltar are a race suited to colonizing every planet they see, so they would need PE A LOT to help improve all those less than perfect planets. I was just hung up on not being able to max either my const. and ship infra.

I have to say i am really enjoying this game so far. It's one of those games where you catch yourself thinking JUST ONE MORE TURN. You guys have done a great job.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for the kind words Chris. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game and that you're having that Just One More Turn feeling!