Research bug can't end turn

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by medway, Jul 30, 2019.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

I set research to Starfortress. When I tried to end the turn the research icon came up as if I still needed to set research. I set the Starfortress again and was able to click end turn but then the turn froze and wouldn't continue.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

I'll have a look at this asap, thanks!

3. medway

medway Lieutenant

What I noticed when replaying was that if I had two techs queued, both of them finished and it gave me two research icons in the task view on the right side. It wouldn't go away until I queued up two more. Usually just queuing one tech is enough for the research icon to clear out as 'done'.

I think just one finished one turn and another the next turn so not sure why it was saying to research two more. I do have the building to get techs from other AI so maybe that's conflicting?

I was able to continue the game though without any issues even with that double research bug (assuming it's not meant to be like that)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. medway

medway Lieutenant

I had something similar but this time I could end the turn ok. What's happening is when I get a double tech in a turn (breakthrough or stealing) it wants me to select two techs before I can end the turn. I can also select, deselect, and then select the same tech and it works.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, this was a bug with the Galactic Knowledge Exchange wonder, which could cause two research action notifications to be displayed. This is now corrected and the fix will be available in the 1.0.4 patch, thanks!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1