Research queue suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kharn, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

[game version 1.1.2 stable steam]

Hi, when choosing some technology to discover, the next level should be enabled for selection in the research queue.

Attached Files:

• rsr.jpg
      rsr.jpg
      File size:
      107.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

You mean temporarily yes? I understand why the current system doesn't. You actually need to complete research on a level two tech before level three becomes enabled. To alter this, they would need to code changes so that is you selected a level two, (which then activates level three before completion of the level two tech), and then set a level three tech in queue, the level three tech would deactivate should you for some reason stop research before completing the level two tech...

Right now, it's far simpler. The next tier only activates when a tech on the previous tier is completed. Simple and clean.

3. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

yes exactly. If stop research before completing the upper level should be disabled. But I understand the problem with coding this behaviour in research.

4. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

It would entail some record keeping that isn't currently needed, doable, but I would think with so many bugs to squash and behaviors to refine this suggestion would be more of a luxury.

5. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

yeah, you are right. Well, I have to stop looking for bugs and send ideas, at least until the next update. Finally, someone will write to me that 'dude, write your own game'. ;)