Ruins Questions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CyclopsSlayer, Aug 9, 2020.

1. CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer Cadet

I've noticed a few things that don't seem to be documented or tool tipped. Nothing earthshaking, just curious.

1. This seems self-evident, but I have only seen it once. An explored Ruin goes from white to yellow after I've explored it. Does it going to red mean everyone has explored it? (I failed to check the 'explored' counter in that game, oops)

2. Ruins that can be explored are bright white. Some are just that a bright white ruin symbol, however, some have a flashing white ring around them, others have a flashing yellow ring. There seems to be no consistency, does the ring mean anything?

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Regarding point 1), when you explore ruins once it turns yellow. When you explore them twice (if you have an expert explorer leader) you can explore them again and then they turn into red. In the meantime, others may have explored the ruins but that doesn't change the color of the ruins, the color change is just for you to know how many times you have explored them. However, every time someone else explores the ruins makes it less likely you'll find anything when exploring them.

On point 2), the flashing ring around the ruins icon is just a UI helper to indicate you can explore the ruins. It's just a way to indicate where they are to help identify them when you press "Search" in the fleet panel. It has no meaning besides that. The ring should always be yellow though. As for the explorable ruins, they can be white (not explored by you yet) or yellow (already explored once by you).

Hope this helps.

3. CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer Cadet

Ah! I completely didn't know about the Expert effect. Sooo many ruins missed their second visit... heh heh

Thank you.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Mephisto

Mephisto Cadet

Good to know!