Ryan McQuinn joins the music team!

Discussion in 'Development News' started by MalRey, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MalRey

MalRey Developer Lieutenant

Last Friday the Orlando Contemporary Chamber Orchestra's (https://www.occomusic.com/) performed a concert focused in the famous classic RPG game Chrono Trigger. Ryan McQuinn was invited to compose a 10 minute suite and since he will make some music for ISG he choose our game as inspiration for the event! This is only preliminary work, so some parts may be heard in the final ISG OST, while others will not. We thank Ryan for choosing us as an inspiration to produce the musical piece.

2018-07-11 22_10_41-Ryan McQuinn (@RyanMcQuinn) _ Twitter.jpg

Check the recorded stream here (https://tinyurl.com/y7tc5az2). ISG section between minute 32' until 42'. The stream has bad quality but there is great audio being produced soon.

Ryan McQuinn joins Grant Kirkhope for the creation of the ISG music. Grant is already working with us, Ryan will start soon!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Unlike Grant, I'm not familiar with Ryan's work. The moment that concert announced the game and they threw the logo on the screen must be a bit surreal for you guys. :)

Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to judge the music due the quality of the stream. I do look forward to hearing the HD version in the future though!

3. MalRey

MalRey Developer Lieutenant

Yeah, the pic and the introduction made by the speaker was cool :cool:

Yeah, the stream is very bad, with cuts and everything... but they're preparing godo audio quality, lets see. Now Ryan will use some parts of it to start the work of creating the tracks for the OST. The main melody that we can hear in the beginning and in the end of this piece is very interesting and we will try to use that for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

You've managed to get a respected member of the industry to join you and now you've got this, that's excellent news for ISG, outsanding work @Adam Solo @MalRey , my compliments Gents.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks Konstantine. We're proud and humbled to have Grant and Ryan on board working on the ISG music.

Grant is well known in the industry, as you say, and there's a reason for that. We knew and loved his work and we couldn't be happier with the songs he has produced for ISG so far. Soon, you'll be able to appreciate his work.

As for Ryan, we knew we wanted to go with him as well the moment we listened to the demo he produced for the project. Soon, we will have some songs from him too.

It was very important for us to get the music right and we know it is in very good hands. With that feeling of confidence we can divert our energy to other aspects that need our attention.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Finestra

Finestra Lieutenant

Congratz with getting an additional composer for the game. I am pretty sure he will also be a great addition to the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wanderer

Wanderer Ensign

Leider finden sich immer weniger Menschen, die Musik,welche auf klassischen Musikinstrumenten gespielt wird, hören wollen. Ich finde es gut das Ihr zeigt, das Zukunft und Klassik sich nicht ausschließen müssen.Ich freue mich auf die ersten Musikstücke von dem Herren für ISG.

8. DiscoJer

DiscoJer Cadet

To be honest, one of the first things I do in a game is turn off the music so I can listen to something else without interference. But adds class to the game.