Saves wont load

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Konstantine, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

With the latest, latest hot-fix (downloaded this morning)
    Saves wont load, the loading screen comes up... and after fifteen minutes, nothing.
    About 2.8 gb of ram still committed at that point, but cpu usage drops down to 6%

I tried it with previous saves, I tried it with saves from the latest build, nothing.

I tried with auto saves, nothing.

In all cases, I hear the music, but the saves wont load. this problem did not exist with the first hot-fix.

2. Konstantine

Here is two saves you can try as well as an output log from right around the time I was attempting to load a game, hope it helps

Attached Files:

3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Looking at the output_log.txt it seems the game could not access the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Insterstellar Space Genesis\ISG_pre-alpha_11_Unstable_hotfix_2_Data\Resources\Sprites", saying it got access denied.

It could be an installation issue. Could you try installing the latest build on a different directory? Or, if you are not given an option to choose a directory during the installation, please uninstall all previous ISG versions you may have and then do a fresh and clean install of the latest build.

To uninstall ISG go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Insterstellar Space Genesis" and run the unins000.exe there.

Let me know if that resolved the issue.

\Edit: By the way, I could load both saves with the current game dev version.

\Edit 2: If this didn't solve it, can you confirm that the output_log.txt is of the time when the save did not load and not right before loading?

\Edit 3: I downloaded the version you have there and could reproduce the issue.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Konstantine

I tried a fresh install and there was no effect... then I tried running as administrator... and the save loaded just fine. I'll keep an eye out for this and report back anything else I find.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Adam Solo

Yes, as a workaround for the time being the game must be run in administrator mode so that save games can be loaded.

6. Adam Solo

This was fixed for Alpha, locking this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.