Ships not earning Combat experience

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Damon, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Damon

Damon Cadet

Just picked up this game a few days ago. I'm enjoying it so far! I've had 3 space battles where I won each time. When I view my frigates, they still have exp. 1/50 (Green). Looks like a bug to me.

2. Damon

Damon Cadet

I noticed the experience points do show up in the battle view before the beginning of a battle, but not on the Galaxy screen when viewing the ships in your fleet.

3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi Damon, thanks for buying the game. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. Also, welcome to the forums!

The crew experience of a particular ship increases when one of the following happens:
    • Every turn (+1XP)
    • Bonus from space academy per turn
    • Bonus from leaders per turn (best instructor skill)
    • When a ship destroys a rival ship
    • When a ship captures a rival ship
    So, ships don't increase their XP just by participating in battle. They have to actually destroy ships or capture them to earn XP from battle. The rest of the crew XP bonuses are earned passively every turn, depending on if you have an Imperial Academy and the leaders you have.

The crew XP "star rating" should be displaying in both the combat alert screen (before battle) and in the fleet panel in the galaxy screen.

For example this fleet:

upload_2019-9-3_16-52-19.png

upload_2019-9-3_16-52-35.png

If you have an example where you see a fleet showing the XP "star rating" in the combat alert battle and not in the galaxy screen fleet panel, please let me know, and please attach a save so I could have a look.

Thanks!