Should a leader come back and offer to work, after....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vmxa, Dec 6, 2018.

1. vmxa

vmxa Commander

I sort of scratched my head, when a leader that a I had dismissed popped up. He wad not pleased about my not building a tech center, so was -3. I canned him at that point. This is not an issue, but seemed odd.

BTW I would like to see some adjustments made to some of the earliest desires. Asking for structures that I just got the tech for or maybe do not have yet on a fledgling planet, sort of dooms me to fail to met the request. Asking for a battleship, when none are in the empire and so on.

The ship thing, just makes it so I do not give them command points to handle a ship I do not want to built yet. This can be alright, but it also may be a problem. Say I want to make some battleship down to road a bit and go to war, but it is too soon for me to let him have the command as I will take a hit on attitude.

If I could hold the points, then it is easy to deal with. However I cannot and so I have to spend the points and then face a bit of time to get the point to promote to the bigger ship.

Yeah I know people will say, hey you can have enough opinion points to take a hit. Maybe I want to take the hit on some other issue or not all. Though actually in this case I did not have enough opinion points and he went negative.
    I lost the money I paid to hire and the time to get him a promotion.

I just do not like to get a desire that I really have no chance to fulfill, so early in the game.

2. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

The building and ship desires do not have a penalty for not completing them. You just don't get the extra 10 (20 total) opinion for completing them early. There is no harm in leaving those desires indefinitely.

The only exception is if multiple colony leaders want the same 1 per empire building. In that case you satisfy 1 of them and the others get mad or you never build it and the desire just sits for all of them.

I believe the request defense desire is the primary one that carries any sort of time limit before you get penalized.

3. vmxa

vmxa Commander

Well it showed -3 and I was pretty sure it said I did not build his structure. I will have to watch closer. There was no other reason for it to go into the red. He was on the HW.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Watch for the "Fails if any of the following occur" cases list in the desire. Unassigning leaders when they ask for a construction project, or building it on another leader's world will cause them to lower their opinion.

The only desire at the moment with a fixed time limit is the Request Defense one. All others you can decide to fulfill them or not. You can let them sit, while others you'll be making an immediate decision. In some, there will be situations where the desire may be unfulfilled, not because of time but because something happaned, and for that you should check the "Fails if any of the following occur".

As for the coming back leader, if they have -3 they will consider coming back. After some point, -5 or -15, don't recall now, they will never come back.

5. vmxa

vmxa Commander

OK, thanks.