So... Ancient Ruins. Maybe need an option to choose their frequency?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pnye71, Dec 4, 2018.

1. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

Been playing exclusively hardcore of late, typically 6 players - 2 as custom races. In a recent game, on a large map, managed to find adamantium armor, positron torpedo, and ion discharger all in the same game.

Admittedly, I did manage to get my explorer up to expert level, but only checking ruins in about 1/4 of the galaxy this seemed way too much...

Could we have an option to choose how common (or uncommon) ancient ruins can be found on a map?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Perhaps too much as you say, in a single session anyway. But over-all, I still find a very great variance in what you discover session to session, For example, in some you can find two or three ships early, in another I'm playing now, it's close to turn 200 and I've found none, sometimes you get Positron torpedo on your first search, and then won't see it again for many sessions. Sometimes ruins are abundant nearby, others not so much. I kind of like that, it keeps the game from getting too repetitive and predictable. And of course, sometimes the AI will find these goodies as well.

While I do like the idea of a frequency option for what you suggest (would like the same for events), I don't think it's an issue unless we see that this happens too frequently. Keep an eye out as you play and note if this happens too many times or if it's just the occasional roll of the dice, some more info would be very helpful

3. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

I'll keep an eye out, but from my many sessions played I'd say there are too many for my "taste" - hence the desire for an option to adjust frequency.

• Helpful Helpful x 1