Hot posts in thread: State of the Game and Call for VIPs

1. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Absolutely Oliver, we'd be honored to have you among our VIP group. I'll send you the details over PM.

2. Baron Hattori Hanzo

Baron Hattori Hanzo Cadet

hello Oliver, I'm a boardgame enthusiast and collector and I'm part of the VIP program.

I'm also very curious: which boardgame do you have published ?

3. Mezmorki

Mezmorki Ensign

Hello - this is Mezmorki (Oliver Kiley) from eXplorminate.

I'd love to participate in the VIP program and keep a closer ear to the ground for this title. I've participated in a number of closed beta type programs over the year. I'm also a game designer (with published boardgames that were picked up by established publishers, not "self-published") and bring experience from that perspective.

Cheers and thanks for consideration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Robert Rau

Robert Rau Cadet

I Want join the VIP program.

I think I've played almost all the 4x type games in the last twenty years.
    If I'm admitted, you can rely on sincere judgments, based on comparisons
    in particular on the titles of the Master of Orion series.

Thank you.

5. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

I would love to join the VIP program.

I have experience with 4x including Master of Orion 1 & 2 and I'm currently playtesting two Master of Orion 1 inspired projects - Dominus Galaxia and Remnants of the Precursors. Love the leader system in Master of Orion 2 and I'm looking forward to the improvements their implementation in Project Space Sector. I'd be honored to become a VIP and would provide all kinds of feedback and suggestions to the project so we can all have a worthy successor to Master of Orion 2.

6. gldavis

gldavis Cadet

I would like to join the VIP program

I already receive the newsletter

I have experience with 4x games back to the original Master of Orion, Distant Worlds, Sins of a Solar Empire, Stellaris. The new Master of Orion, etc. and enjoy them immensely. I am interested in providing feedback to enhance the game and make it enjoyable for everyone.

7. Baron Hattori Hanzo

Baron Hattori Hanzo Cadet

I wish to join the VIP program.

I’ve also registered for the newsletter.

I’m a huge fan of Space Strategy games and a veteran 4x player since the original Master of Orion from MicroProse with a huge number of 4x games in my collection.

I’m very interested to help you in the developing of your very interesting “Space Sector” project.

8. Dimuyen

Dimuyen Cadet

I'm interested in becoming a VIP. I'm a fan of the 4x genre, way back from the first time I played Spacward Ho!. That said I'd still consider a fairly casual player of them these days, I no longer try to min/max these but rather I just try to have fun. So if you're looking for a bit of the casual perspective, feel free to invite me.

9. zoltan

zoltan Cadet

Please let me join the VIP program!
    I'm a long time Moo2 player, played it in multiplayer even in last year. I was always looking for a good successor. I like other 4x games, civ4 is my other favorite next to moo2.
    You can expect feedback for the game from me. thanks.

10. Camphibian

Camphibian Cadet

It seems like an inordinate number of 4x players are software devs.

11. Possibility

Possibility Ensign

I'd like to help out. I am a software dev who loves playing 4X games. It looks like you are making great progress so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nick

Nick Cadet

Hey guys!

You guys are making awesome progress on the game. I would love to be an VIP and help you test this awesome game.

Well I guess I would like to help test and be part of this game development. Mo02 was my very first 4x turned based game I ever played when I was just a wee lad. I have played most of the 4x games that have come out in the recent years.

Other then that I know that helping test a game is more than just playing it. You must try and brake the game and push it to its limits. When you do find a bug you must write down what you did to get to that point and then you must try and reproduce the bug.

Well keep up the good work!

13. karstjo

karstjo Cadet

I'd love to enter this supporting as a VIP. I am very interested in 4x games but not a diehard that uses 100's of hours on one game. I am very fond of the exploration in games so an honorable mention to Star Control 2 as well for me. Loved Moo2 and was a regular read of your articles cause it responded well with my own opinions. High hopes for you guys! :)

14. Yrth

Yrth Cadet

SIgn me up please for a VIP spot.

I am a long year fan of MoO/MoO2 and very disappointed about the recent MoO relaunch. Looking forward to see a rea successor to MoO2 with some new features.

15. Marcel

Marcel Cadet

Enlisting for a VIP spot :)
    I'm a software developer (web primary) for 20 years and therefore have a good technical background and experience in ui/useability. Very active as a gamer for over 25 years and played many titles like MOO2.
    And I would love to help with a german localization (when the time comes for that ;) )

16. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Hello all,

Just a couple of quick comments for anyone considering answering Adam's call... DO IT!

I'm part of the community already involved in this and I have two things to share with you.

The game feels like Moo2!

The game brings innovation to the genre!

This project is on the right track, so join the party and help in any manner you can.

Peace to you all.

17. Camphibian

Camphibian Cadet

Sign me up!

P.S. I played MOO2 so much that I defined my own winning conditions.
    I called it the 'Android Takeover'.
    The game is played on the hardest level.
    You must have researched all the techs
    You must build every building on every planet
    You must terraform every planet to maximum
    You cannot exterminate any race.
    You cannot win the game thus the game goes on forever.
    You begin the 'Android Takeover' by building colony ships for your pop.
    You then send the colonists into the sun.
    You build Androids to replace them. I prefer to create Android Scientists.
    You must replace all the population.
    But you must also keep one Zoo world, with 1 pop from every player and the rest Android Scientists.
    You can only keep 1 scout in orbital blockade around other player planets.
    You are allowed only 1 mobile fleet containing 1 ship.
    Add other restrictions as necessary.
    Warning! The game will crash like crazy around the time you clock the amount of cash.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  18. The Asgard

The Asgard Cadet

Massive space fan and software developer ( not games ). I'm up to do a bit of testing and help you guys help

19. Finestra

Finestra Lieutenant

Count me in, I'm game for testing.